Praying and Fasting – Focus 2020
Ezra 8:21 Then I proclaimed a fast there at the river of Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God, to seek from Him the right way for us and our little ones and all our possessions.
- Begin each day by reading Isaiah 58 (Aloud) – Conclude each day by reading the proverb corresponding to the date.
- We should pray a broad, spirit-led prayer with a specific daily emphasis; 20-minute intervals
- Stay alert for “pop-up” prayer meetings – 20 minutes (via SK notify)
- Day 1 – January 2 PRAY FOR OUR NATION:
2 Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- Day 2 – January 3 PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS:
1 Timothy 2:1-3 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
- DAY 3 – JANUARY 4 PRAY FOR OUR CHURCH:
Ephesians 1:15-17 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
- DAY 4 - JANUARY 5 PRAY FOR OUR FAMILIES:
Acts 16:31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
- DAY 5 - JANUARY 6 PRAY FOR OUR FINANCES:
Deuteronomy 8:18 “And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
- DAY 6 - JANUARY 7 PRAY FOR OUR HARVEST:
Matthew 9:37-38 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
- DAY 7 - JANUARY 8 PRAY FOR OUR COMMUNITY:
Ezekiel 34:26 I will make them and the places all around My hill a blessing; and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing.
- DAY 8 - JANUARY 9 PRAY FOR OUR MARRIAGES
1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
- DAY 9 - JANUARY 10 PRAY FOR OUR CHILDREN:
Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.
- DAY 10 - JANUARY 11 PRAY FOR OUR VISION AND MISSION:
Habakkuk 2:3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.
- DAY 11 - JANUARY 12 Pray for our Church membership:
Acts 2:46-47 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church[a] daily those who were being saved.
- DAY 12 - JANUARY 13 Pray for our manifestation of miracles, God’s protection & provision, power and outpouring of His spirit; revival, sanctification and holiness, restoration and times of refreshing
Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
Proverbs 1:23 Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.
Isaiah 44:3 For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, And floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, And My blessing on your offspring;
- Day 13 – January 14 Pray for miraculous breakthrough
Genesis 38:29 Then it happened, as he drew back his hand, that his brother came out unexpectedly; and she said, "How did you break through? This breach be upon you!" Therefore his name was called Perez.
- Day 14 – January 15 Pray for favor
1 Samuel 2:26 And the child Samuel grew in stature, and in favor both with the Lord and men.
- Day 15 – January 16 Pray for Holy Ghost boldness
Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
- Day 16 – January 17 Pray for spiritual sensitivity
Revelation 2:7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God."
- Day 17 – January 18 Pray for restoration of worship
Psalm 95:6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.
- Day 18 – January 19 Pray for discernment
Ezekiel 44:23 And they shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the unholy, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.
- Day 19 – January 20 Pray for victory and triumph
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.
- Day 20 – January 21 Pray for abundance, overflow
Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,